MY landlord will not provide fwding address

Scottsdale, AZ |

My landlord will not provide a forwarding address or have his mail forwarded from my house. He has had my neighbor go through my mailbox to get his mail, without my permission and is now requiring I mail my rent to my neighbors PO box. My checks have personal information on it. Can he do this? He says he has a property management company, but wont allow me to give my rent to them either??

This smells bad. I recommend you make the payment to the property management company, despite what the landlord says, unless there is something in your lease forbidding that. And get solid verification of payment . . . I have had clients take a friend with them and photograph the delivery.

I agree, but he will not tell me the name of, or give me any info on the property mgmt company. I really don't think he has one. Suggestions?

Steven Roger Rensch

Steven Roger Rensch

Send the checks certified mail, return receipt requested to the landlord's address. Get a PO Box of your own to keep your neighbor out. You might also report to the post office that the neighbor has been rifling through your mail box (a federal crime).