Skip to main content

My landlord is invading my privacy and private life

Boston, MA |

if my landlord is invading my privacy including harassing my guests, sending other tenant to spy on me, watching my in and out and getting involve in my family life including obsession with my spouse what should I do?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4

Best Answer

You should contact a lawyer immediately to go through your legal options with you given the specifics of each incident.

Please note: any comments made on this website relate to general trends in law and are not to be understood as legal advice establishing a lawyer-client relationship. Please consult an attorney admitted in your jurisdiction before making any legal decisions. I am a licensed attorney only in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts and in United States District Court for the District of Vermont. For more information about the New England Law Group, P.C. Please contact 401-316-0007 or


You can either consult with a land/tenant attorney about your options (recommended) or send him a letter outlining the invasions of your privacy and demanding that he stop. You should consult with an attorney before starting any legal action as many times a person believes that his/her privacy was violated when the actions are not anything giving rise to a viable claim. Remember, a person can ask another any question they want.

No answer provided by this attorney in this forum is to be considered legal advice. No attorney-client relationship is created in responding to this question, and advice provided is based solely on very limited facts presented, and therefore may not be correct. You are advised that it is always best to contact a competent and experienced with the practice of law in the county in which you reside.


You should talk to a landlord/tenant lawyer as soon as possible.

Do you want accurate, personalized, legal advice that you can rely on? You will have to hire an attorney, not ask on Avvo. I am not your attorney and am not creating an attorney-client relationship by this post. I am therefore giving only general advice. This advice may not apply to you or your situation; may not take account of all possibilities, and may not match the advice I would give to a client. DO NOT rely on this advice or any other advice on Avvo to make your legal decisions. If you want an answer to a legal question you should retain an attorney who is licensed in your state.


Have you tried talking to your landlord? Before seeking free advice from lawyers you might try talking.. like a responsible individual would.



I did talk and also send a letter too. That's why I am a responsible individual.