Skip to main content

My L2 visa is ending in 2months. Can I get a J1trainee to work in a US firm?Would my husband get a J2 that allows him to work?

San Francisco, CA |

I am a French manager with 8 years experience in France.
We came with my husband last january 2012 for his rotation position in the USA. He got a L1 visa, I got a L2.
I have been teaching french for 3 months in the USA. I've just had a job offer l in a US start-up.
As my L2 VISA is ending end of August 2013, can I apply for a J1? Would my husband get a J2 VISA that allows him to work then?
NB: my husband company wants him to come back to France for the end of the rotation so we can't ask them to sponsor us for a green card or anything else

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


A J-2 can apply for a work permit form USCIS.


I do LOTS of French teacher J-1 visa ... not all that easy.

Make sure that the school you are talking to has an immigration lawyer.

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.