My L1B visa & petition will be expiring on october 2011 But my I-94 is valid upto 2013. Can i stay & work in US on I-94 ??

Yonkers, NY |

Can I reduced my I-94 validity date to my visa expiry date by moving to canada for short time of days??

The I-94 governs your status in the US. If you leave the US, however, you will need an L-1B visa stamp in the passport in order to return.

The statement above is general in nature, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.

Yes, the I-94 governs your length of stay in the USA.

Goodluck.

Since your I-94 is what governs your authorized period of stay, you would in theory be violating no law by remaining here and continuing to work under the terms of your L-1B until the 2013 expiration. But if you plan to travel, you will need a valid approval and visa stamp in order to reenter.

As I can stay & work on I94 , but it should not affect my future chances of getting visa back to U.S