Skip to main content

My juvenile son is being held on a felony auto theft. his friend and him were both witnessed driving the stolen vehicle.

Inver Grove Heights, MN |
Attorney answers 4

Best Answer

Legally, if there were both taking part in the commission of the crime, they could both be held accountable. This is obviously a very serious charge. I recommend you obtain experienced counsel as soon as possible.

Best of luck to you and your son.

Andrew Leone


Crimes can be committed by more than one person. When there, this can be called a criminal conspiracy - even if there are difference in levels of culpability. He needs help from a criminal defense lawyer experienced in juvenile delinquency cases.


Anyone found in the vehicle could potentially be charged. Get some legal advice right away.


Hello. Your son is in need of immediate attorney help. An attorney may go visit your son in the jail right away. In a matter such as you describe, more than one person may be charged. You ought not post details of this matter on a public website. This website provides general information, not private legal advice. Some attorneys are available seven days for emergency legal needs. Many attorneys will confer initially at no charge. Then, if legal work is performed, some attorneys will provide a reduced fee for financial hardship. Some attorneys may also assist you in limited scope manner to conserve legal costs. All the best.

Tricia Dwyer, Esq.
Phone: 612-296-9666

Twin Cities,, Minnesota licensed attorney, Tricia Dwyer, Esq.: Phone 612-296-9666. CRIMINAL LAW, ADULT-JUVENILE, Rule 114 Qualified Neutral, Minnesota Supreme Court Roster Mediator, Tricia Dwyer, Esq. & Associates PLLC, Phone: 612.296-9666 - EVERY DAY OF THE YEAR until 8 p.m. daily. See

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer