My I485 approved but not my wife's

West Palm Beach, FL |

Today I received an e-mail stating that production of my card has been ordered, but my wife who is the derivative beneficiary has not been approved. Her case status is still in the testing & interview stage. Why is this?

Best Answer

Just because your applications were filed together does not mean that they will be approved at the same time. There may be issued which need to be addressed before your wife's application can be approved. For example, we don't know her immigration history which may cause complications with her application and delay its adjudication. Most of the time dependent family members applications are adjudicated at the same time as the principals, but not always. Also, the online system you are referencing is not a live system and therefore not 100% reliable. Give it some more time before making an inquiry (45 to 60 days).

While this answer is provided by a Florida Bar Certified Expert in Immigration and Nationality Law, it is for general information purposes only and an attorney/client relationship is neither intended nor created. You should seek out qualified counsel to review your case and provide you with advice specific to your situation. Call +1-561-478-5353 to schedule a consultation with Mr. Devore.

There is no way to know, but it is not unusual and it can go on for a very, very long time so brace yourself.

The above is intended only as general information, and does not constitute legal advice. You must speak with an attorney to discuss your individual case.

You would need to ask USCIS.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

You will need to make an inquiry with USCIS.

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

Call USCIS. The number is available at USCIS.gov.

Simone Coley, Bachand & Bachand; 855-422-2426. 189 State Street, Suite 100, Bridgeport, CT 06604.