Skip to main content

My Husbands Ex Harassing us to pay her restitution from jail?

Baltimore, MD |

She Claims He had involvement in why she was in jail. Now her mother is harassing us and to try to get money to pay over 10,000. Where that figure came from i don't know. What can we do to stop the phone calls? Asking and annoyances? Can we file a order or go to court?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


If you have records and there is a lot of phone calls etc you can go to the commissioner at your local court house and ask that harassment charges be filed. You will need detailed info/evidence. You can possibly go to district court and seek a peace order if the harassment is overwhelming.
You can also get the phone company to block numbers. (and keep track of numbers/calls).

This response is based on information provided. Many variables may exist that can only be addressed in an interview. This answer in no way creates an attorney-client relationship.


You can go to the commissioners office to request charges to be filed.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer