Skip to main content

My husband was in a fender bender in 2001. He has a subrogation against him and never knew it existed.

New Bern, NC |

He was in his girl friends car. She gave him permission to use it, they never lived together. She had Geico insurance. The police did not ticket him. Twelve years later he finds out there is a subrogation against him for this for $1800. He never received any notice about it. we found this out because his license was suspended for child support arrears, those are since paid and he went to get a license and Virginia, Loudoun County, has him flagged. Does he have any rights in this matter? is there a statute of limitations? Shouldn't he have been notified? I can't find anything in Loudoun county circuit court on this and not usual info on line. Is it accumulating interest? Does the car owner take any responsibility?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


You may want to retain a local lawyer to help you sort this out. A lawyer will be able to get to the bottom of this and advise you of your rights. Good luck.


Consult an attorney to investigate and get to the bottom of any monies you may owe.

Call for a free consultation at 727-937-1400 or visit us on the Web at


My colleagues are correct -- you need local counsel to make sense of that mess.

In no way am I offering you legal advice, and in no way has my comment created an attorney-client relationship. You are not to rely upon my note above in any way, but insted need to sit down with counsel and share all relevant facts before receiving fully-informed legal advice. If you want to be completely sure of your rights, you must sit down with an experienced criminal defense attorney to be fully aware of your rights.


Bottom line is that a local lawyer would need to review everything, so call one to discuss all the facts and circumstances.