Skip to main content

My husband wants a divorce I have no job and a disabilaty will he pay alimony as well as child support?

Florence, KY |

I have worked on and off throughout the marriage, I was diagnosed with RA 2 years after we were married. I cannot work now and am filing for disabilaty, which can take a long time.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


If you have a doctor telling you that you can do no work, that would be helpful to your claim for alimony (called maintenance in KY). There are several factor that a court would look at in determining maintenance (how much and how long). You should talk to an attorney about maintenance now and in the future. The court could also order him to pay some or all of your attorney fees. Look for an attorney who is identified as "Licensed in Kentucky." Most spouses do not willing pay maintenance. This issue may need to go to trial, and now is the time to make sure your case is done right. A maintenance award could cover your out-of-pocket cost of attorney fees even if he is not ordered to pay your attorney fees.