Skip to main content

My husband want i sign urgent a interspousal transfers grant deed

San Diego, CA |

My husband refinance our home and he want now i sign that document to renounce home , hes threading me saying if i do not sign the inter spousal transfer grant deed he will loose the refinance with the bank and need my signature to be approve refinance home at the bank . Its truth? I need some help urgent hes pressure me. !!! A lot doing psychological terrorism on me . Im suspect the refi of home already done

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


If you are concerned about signing the deed, contact the lender and ask if it needs to be signed for the refinance to go through.

Please note that I am answering this question as a service through Avvo but not as your attorney and no attorney-client relationship is established by this posting. An attorney-client relationship can only be established through signing a Fee Agreement and paying the necessary advanced fees.


If you both own the home, then I see no reason why you would sign the deed. If on the other hand, he owns the home and is attempting to refi, it is standard procedure for the bank to request the deed. However, if he holds title to the home, and payments were made from his/your earnings after he acquired the home, then you likely have a community property interest even if your name is not on the deed, in which case you should not sign the deed.

As to your concern that the refi has already gone through, if true, there is no reason to sign the deed.

If I were you, I'd speak to a family law attorney and do not sign anything until you do.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer