Skip to main content

My husband left signed divorced papers n moved out of state with his mistress while I was away at a best friend funeral.

Orlando, FL |

we have no kids or properties together married for six years, no outstanding bills in our name that I'm aware of, however I'm on his bank account how do I proceed I want nothing from him nor do I ever wanna see d coward bastard EVER! again he's requested nothing from Me. I don't have the money for a lawyer how do I go about filing it by Myself

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


You may want to seek help from a free legal society put on by the local bar association.

I am licensed attorney who focuses on Serious DUI Cases such a 2nd DUIs, 3rd DUIs, 4th DUIs, and Felony DUIs and DMV hearings. I also have much experience handling car accident cases. Although the information I provide is helpful, it is not legal advice. Although Avvo makes it clear to consumers that attorney answers to questions are for general purposes only and do not establish an attorney-client relationship, some attorneys prefer to add their own disclaimers to answers. You can set your custom disclaimer here and it will be automatically added to your answers. Do NOT include any direct solicitations or contact information.


Call your local Legal Aid office. if you do not qualify for their services, they should be able to point you toward other resources in your area. Do not stick your head in the sand or think there is ample time, especially if what you refer to as signed papers are already filed at the court and a response time is ticking down.


Take the papers that he left and visit a local attorney - most offer free consultations. That's where you're going to get the best advice as to how to proceed from here. Good luck!

This response is for general purposes only and does not establish an attorney-client relationship. You should contact an attorney to fully discuss your issues.

Avvo divorce email series

Sign up to receive a 10-part series of useful information and legal advice about the divorce process.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer