Skip to main content

My husband is on probation and has a no contact order as part of his probation. How do I get this dropped?

Highland Village, TX |

He has a domestic violence charge that I tried to drop but the state picked it up. I also asked them not to peruse a no contact order, but they did. He's on probation for 7 years and we have three kids together. I want this dropped ASAP. He's the only one that works, we share a car, and we aren't allowed any sort of contact. His probation officer came to my house with two cops yesterday trying to catch him here. This is ridiculous. Please help me!

They saw the car the he drove last (we share it) in the driveway so that's what they said was the reason they were trying to find him. I told them that my mom, who the contact order has nothing to do with, picked it up from him the previous night. I'm so scared he is going to be in trouble. But he's been doing everything he's supposed to do so I don't understand! I need this dropped!

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


You can work with a lawyer-usually your husband's criminal defense lawyer- to petition the court and have that condition dropped as a condition of probation. You can also start by just asking his probation officer if they would agree to that and the P.O. can ask the judge to drop that condition.

If this information has been helpful, please indicate below. I hope my information is helpful to you. If you think this post was a good answer, please click the "Good Answer" button below and/or designate my answer as the "BEST ANSWER". Thanks. This is a general response to a question for basic information and is not legal advice. Legal advice can only be given when all of the facts of your situation are discussed with a lawyer, which we have not done.. If you reside outside the State of Texas please understand that the laws may be different from the laws that I may cite in a my comment. This comment is not to be construed as legal advice to your particular situation because there are many factors that influence legal counseling- this is simply a comment. Response to an email does not create an attorney-client relationship between you and the Law Offices of Kevin R. Madison, P.C., nor any of its attorneys. If you send us an e-mail, or call us, and we do not already represent you, neither your e-mail inquiry nor telephone call will create an attorney-client relationship. E-mails cannot necessarily be treated as privileged or confidential. Only entering into a written legal services contract with the Law Offices of Kevin R. Madison, P.C. will create an attorney-client relationship. There is no substitute for one-on-one legal advice and you are urged to meet with an attorney and discuss your case, personally, with an attorney in the state in which you reside or your case occurred. Thank you. Kevin R. Madison. Visit our website at and Kevin Madison, Austin, Texas- representing injured persons in motor vehicle collision, truck and motorcucle accidents and representing victims of sexual harassment, sexual assault, sexual abuse, physical assaults, and representing victims of sexual exploitation committed by doctors, therapists, psychologists, psychiatrists, clergy, counselors, priests, and rabbis. Visit our sexual harassment/sexual exploitation blog at



His probation officer has already told him that she won't drop it. Also, his attorney was court appointed and I don't know if since he has already been sentenced if he will still help him.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer