My husband is on parol and got locked up for a bag of weed will he have to do time

Brooklyn, NY |

Just came home in May 2013

Maybe..... or a drug program.

I am a former federal and State prosecutor and have been doing criminal defense work for over 17 years. I was named to the Super Lawyers list as one of the top attorneys in New York for 2012 and 2013. No more than 5 percent of the lawyers in the state are selected by Super Lawyers. Martindale-Hubbell has given me its highest rating - AV Preeminent - in the areas of Criminal Law, Personal Injury, and Litigation. According to Martindale-Hubbell”AV Preeminent is a significant rating accomplishment - a testament to the fact that a lawyer's peers rank him or her at the highest level of professional excellence." Fewer than 8% of attorneys achieve an AV Preeminent rating. I also have the highest ranking – “superb” – on Avvo. The above answer, and any follow up comments or emails is for informational purposes only and not meant as legal advice.

Its a possibility. he broke the rules. The conditions of his parole forbade his use or possession of controlled substances or grass. He can hope, but unless he can disprove the claims, he is at their mercy.

He might. Depending on the facts of his case he might be able to get to commit to drug programs. The outcome also might vary depending on the reason he was put on parole in the first place.

Please note that the information presented is for general informational purposes. The information does not constitute legal advice and does not create attorney-client relationship.