Skip to main content

My husband is mexican and am 2 1/2months pregnant if i ask for medicaid would it affect if i want to get his papers.?

Laredo, TX |

hi i have a question, i am a us citizen and my partner is mexican we have a baby of 8month and iam 2month 1/2 pregnant my question is would it affect in anyway if i ask for medicaid and try to get my partners papers..?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


No, it will not. But when your husband is filing for permanent resident status as your husband, you will need to submit financial documents to show your ability to financially support your husband. If your income is below a certain level, then you will need to find another person to serve as a joint sponsor for financial support purposes. I suggest that you meet with an experienced immigration attorney about the case, to prevent problems and to have the best chance of success.

(734) 369-3131. This communication does not establish and attorney-client relationship with the Law Office of Michael Carlin PLLC or any individual member of the office. Confidential information should not be sent through this form.


Not really

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS; email:; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.


No, but when ready to file for him you must financially qualify and if you do not, he will need a financial joint sponsor

This is not legal advice and a client attorney relationship is not created. For a free consultation call (718)234-5588.


Not directly.

Samuel Ouya Maina, Esq. 415.391.6612 Law Offices of S. Ouya Maina, PC 332 Pine Street, Suite 707 San Francisco, CA 94104