Skip to main content

My husband is leaving me with my 2 kids to fend for myself , I have no job as i am a stay at home mom. What can i do ?

Orlando, FL |

We live in Florida. My husband is leaving me for another woman. We have 1 child together and 1 is mine. He told me he is moving out and that I have to pay the bills by myself. I am a stay at home mom as my husband has been the sole provider.I have zero dollars. What can I do to get him to pay chilld support and or alimony immediatley? He said I can have full custody of our son.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


It sounds like you'll need to file a Petition for Dissolution of Marriage and include an Expedited Motion for Temporary Relief to establish temporary alimony, child support and attorney's fees, as well as a temporary parenting plan.

You should definitely seek a consultation with an experienced Family law attorney in your area to assist you with the process, since you will need to seek expedited relief, and there are a number of things that you should be doing in the meantime to protect yourself.

The answer provided is a general answer to a general question - and should NOT be construed as my giving specific legal advice, nor does it create any attorney/client relationship or expectation of privilege - and should you have specific questions you seek to address, then I encourage you to seek a consultation with an experienced Family Law Attorney in your area who may discuss your case with you and give you specific advice to assist you.


I agree with Mr. Pollack. Contact an attorney in your area right away to start this process. Until you receive a court order, you can't force him to do anything. Good luck.


You need to get into see an attorney near you ASAP. You will need to file a Petition for Dissolution of Marriage and for temporary alimony and child support. If you hire an attorney, they will know how to do it on an expedited basis. In the meantime, you need to call some family and ask for their help until you can get into court. Good luck.

B. Elaine Jones, Esq.