Skip to main content

My husband is incarcerated for child support has never established paternity for the child how does he file the motion from bars

Richmond, VA |

been locked up twice for this child but needs to establish paternity but cant find out how while incarcerated

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


He would have to file a petition in JDR court for a paternity test. But why did he not contest paternity when child support was first an issue? If he acknowledged paternity, he may be stuck. Even at this point, if he was determined not to be the father, the court may still continue to require him to pay child support.

Contact a child custody attorney to help him. They can get all of the paperwork filed for him.

Responding to questions on AVVO does not establish an attorney-client relationship between the questioner and any attorney associated with Garrett Law Group, PLC. Responses should be considered and used for informational purposes only. Every case is unique in its facts, and all legal matters should be discussed with a licensed attorney prior to making any decisions or taking any actions.