Skip to main content

My husband is in removal proceeding we have an approved I130 and were in process of filing the I160a wavier suggestion???

Brandon, FL |

Arressted for no driver license

We also have 4 children

+ Read More

Attorney answers 6


Please state a clear question. I hope you have an attorney for this procedure.


Only one. Hire the best immigration attorney you can afford because the case will need one.

DISCLAIMER The answer given above by the lawyer serves for educational purposes only and provides general information and a basic understanding of the applicable law. Take notice that the answer above does not create an attorney-client relationship as this website is not intended to provide anyone a specific legal advice. Anyone using the site expressly consents that there is no attorney client privilege between any person and any attorney responding. Further take notice that the site should not be used as a crude substitute for any professional and competent legal advice by a licensed professional attorney in the applicable jurisdiction. The attorney above attempted to provide competent professional opinion, however, the law and its applications may change frequently and vary greatly from other U.S. jurisdictions and locales. Therefore, any information and opinions stated above are general in nature, and may not apply to specific factual or legal circumstances related to one's current legal issues. Contact an experienced lawyer admitted to practice in your State under an attorney-client privilege to further receive a comprehensive legal before making an educated decision about your particular legal issue. If you have further inquiries you may contact: Attorney Alexander Ivakhnenko 1021 West Adams, 102, Chicago, Illinois 60607 773-562-8602


Get a lawyer ASAP, they should be able to get the case administratively closed or even better, terminated-because you cannot file the I 601A while he has pending removal hearings.


Sorry, but you can't file an I-601A. Aliens in removal proceedings are ineligible to use the provisional waiver process. Consult with an immigration attorney who is experienced in waivers and removal proceedings for more information.

While this answer is provided by a Florida Bar Certified Expert in Immigration and Nationality Law, it is for general information purposes only and an attorney/client relationship is neither intended nor created. You should seek out qualified counsel to review your case and provide you with advice specific to your situation. Call +1-561-478-5353 to schedule a consultation with Mr. Devore.


Because your husband is now in removal proceedings, you are no longer eligible to file the I-601A. As such, you should meet with an immigration attorney to determine if he has any other forms of relief available to him. Remember, most unrepresented individuals in immigration court end up being removed. It is very important to have a licensed immigration attorney on your side. Good luck!


Hello. Did your husband enter the U.S. with inspection or illegally without inspection?

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer