Skip to main content

My husband is In Honduras, after a deportation. What is his chances of becoming legal??

Fort Myers, FL |

My husband crossed into the US in 2000, which made him 17 at the time. he was caught in texas and an immigration judge order removal,he was sent back to Honduras. He crossed back over, and remained here until may 2012 when he was deported again. then in November he tried to enter through Arizona and caught again, and was sent back. What is his chances of becoming legal, and since he was 17 at the time, the first deportation doesn't count right?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 5


Every encounter with immigration counts. His illegal entry after deportation is a problem. U should speak to an experience immigration attorney.


Nothing can be done. Tell him to stop trying because he may end up in federal penitentiary one day. Sorry. Lifetime bar.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS; email:; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.


I agree with my colleagues.

Law Offices of J Thomas Smith J.D., Ph.D 11500 Northwest Freeway, Suite 280 Houston, TX 77092 713-LAWYER-2 NOTE: Responses are for the education of the community at large and is not intended to be "legal advice." No attorney-client relationship is established by responses or comments.


Every deportation counts. His multiple attempts at entry are quite problematic as my colleagues have pointed out.

Samuel Ouya Maina, Esq. 415.391.6612 Law Offices of S. Ouya Maina, PC 332 Pine Street, Suite 707 San Francisco, CA 94104


Re-entry after deportation is a crime for which he can be charged criminally under Federal statute 8 USC 1326. If convicted he can be sentenced to two years in prison. The sentence can be more severe if he was deported due to certain criminal offenses.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer