Skip to main content

My husband is illegal and his boss wants to elp him get his papers. Will that process be faster or by marriage?

San Jose, CA |

I already filed an i130 and he has a 245 I and his boss wants to help him. Which way is easier through me marriage or through his boss?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3

Best Answer

Not enough information. In order to get your question answered you have to ask a question first in a form which would render it understandable and provide information sufficient to make a reasonable and intelligible suggestion. I cannot answer your question on the information provided. The answer depends on the information not in your post. You know that he is 245(i) eligible but you do not tell us how and we are supposed to rely on your word? Yet, we do not even know your immigration attorney in this country. Hire an immigraiton attorney. Do your husband and yourself a favor.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS; email:; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.


To be able to adjust status through an employment based petition, he would need to qualify for 245(i).

What would need to be done through marriage depends on your own status, and how he entered the US.

You should retain an experienced immigration lawyer to review all the facts, advise you, and handle the case. You can find one through

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.


Marriage to a US Citizen is faster.

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer