Skip to main content

My husband is divorcing me can i deny the divorce so he can't divorce me

Middletown, CT |
Attorney answers 2


Unfortunately, you can prevent the divorce. With the advent of "no fault" divorce, all your husband has to prove, essentially, is that the marriage has broken down irretrievably and there is no hope of reconciliation. That can be proven with just his testimony. I am sorry I don't have better news. Best of luck.

The information contained herein is meant for informational purposes only. It is not meant to be relied on as legal advice for any particular circumstance or situation. If you need legal advice and counsel on any matter, consult an attorney.


I am an attorney licensed to practice in Connecticut and New York. My offices are located in Stratford approximately 35 to 45 minutes from Middletown. I am very sorry. There is really no way to stop the divorce in this state if he really wants it. What you should be concerned with is managing the divorce and possibly considering divorce mediation. In my experience many of my clients that I have mediated with have been able to resolve many differences and heal the marriage. Perhaps there is still hope. Feel free to contact me for further information.

We can be reached at 203-870-6700. Our web address is: www. Answers on Avvo are not to be considered a response to a specific legal issue in a specific jurisdiction - they are to be considered only general responses to hypothetical scenarios posed by the questioner. For specific legal advice, please consult with a licensed attorney in your jurisdiction. No information contained herein should be construed as a solicitation for business, an offer to perform legal services in any jurisdiction in which the attorneys of Rosenberg and Press, LLC are not licensed, or the dissemination of legal advice. No creation of an attorney-client relationship should be assumed or implied. We are a debt relief agency. Rosenberg and Press helps people file for bankruptcy relief under the bankruptcy code.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer