Skip to main content

My husband is cheating and wont leave can i kick him out and change the locks and not have to let him back in.

Philadelphia, PA |

I have 5 children. My husband dosent pay bills buy food and on top of that has a girlfriend. Can I kick him out and not have to let him back? Right now he is waiting for her housing to come through so he can move with her. I want him out please help!

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


If your home is owned or rented in joint names, you are not able to exclude him from the property by changing the locks. Unfortunately, if that is the case, he has as much right to live there as you do. The only way that a joint owner or lessee of a property can be excluded is by court order. You should consult with a family law attorney in your area to explore whether you have have any basis for seeking such an order and whether your local courts would be likely to grant it.

This general answer should not be construed as legal advice specific to your situation and does not create an attorney-client relationship. It is intended for general information only and may not apply to the specific circumstances of your situation. You should always seek individual legal advice before taking any action.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer