Skip to main content

My husband is being acuused of injury to a child How much time can they give him? what can we do to proof his inconnet?

Houston, TX |

That wensday night my husband and i i were aruging and i went outside to cool off and i can back home after 15 mins and the little girl thats my next door niegbor followed me inside my house and i started to play by hands with my husband and then she payed to so he grabbed by the neck and i guess she got scared and called the police and they arrested him and now she comes to my house saying shes sorry and what can she do to help him but she didnt have any brusies or marks on her body at the time or now and the mom didnt press charges just the police and his an immgrant and what can happen at this point they reset his case for two months he wants to marry me to see if they dont deport him we have three children what actions can we take

+ Read More

Attorney answers 6


Your husband needs to hire an criminal defense attorneys as soon as possible. Your attorney can help craft a defense and plea down his sentence. Good luck.

-Michael R. Juarez Law Office of Juarez and Schaeffer PO Box 16216 San Diego, CA 92105 (619) 804-4327 This posting is provided for “information purposes” only and should not be relied upon as "legal advice." Nothing transmitted from this posting constitutes the establishment of an attorney-client relationship. Applicability of the legal principles discussed here may differ substantially in individual situations or in different jurisdictions.


I don't understand what you are saying... "i started to play by hands with my husband and then she payed to so he grabbed by the neck and i guess she got scared and called the police and they arrested him" doesn't make sense. Perhaps you mispelled some words?

If this answer was helpful to you or if it was the best answer, please click the buttons that state helpful and best answer. Please understand that all of my answers are for informational purposes only, are not legal advise, and do not create an attorney-client relationship between you and me. I am not your attorney and you are not my client unless we enter into a signed contract. My only legal advise to you is that you should immediately consult with and hire a lawyer and that you should not represent yourself. If you want to more information about personal injury, visit or if you want more information about criminal defense, visit Good luck!


You need to consult with an attorney. You have multiple complex issues here that really need to be addressed carefully. It is not clear if they are pursing a civil claim, or criminal charges or potentially both. Once you determine if it is civil or criminal, find a defense attorney in your area. You may also need an immigration attorney in light of your boyfriend/husband's immigration status.

I am licensed in California, therefore, my answers are based on general prinicpals of law or California law, which may not be applicable in your jurisdiction. Answers posted to Avvo are for general information only. Do not conclusively rely on any information posted online when deciding what to do about your case. Every case depends is fact dependent, and responses are limited to and is based on the information you posted. No attorney-client relationship shall be created through the use reading of this response on Avvo. You should never delay seeking legal advice, disregard legal advice, or commence or discontinue any legal action because of information in this response.


Yes, you need to hire a criminal law attorney and most likely an immigration attorney. Even if the charges are dropped, your boyfriend can be deported.

My comments are not intended to establish an attorney-client relationship, are not confidential, and are not intended to constitute legal advice. Proper legal advice can only be given by an attorney who agrees to represent you, who reviews the facts of your specific case, who does not have a conflict of interest preventing the representation, and who is licensed to practice in the appropriate jurisdiction where the legal issue may be filed or in the state where the law applies


You will need to get a criminal defense attorney hired ASAP. I don't really understand your issue completely.

All responses on this site by this attorney are considered practical & general and does not constitute absolute or final legal advice. It is always best to consult a lawyer in your area on your exact case/claim. Each state has different laws, statutes of limitations and regulations. This lawyer is only licensed in the State of Texas. If this information has been helpful, please indicate below. I hope my information is helpful to you. If you think this post was a good answer, please click the "Good Answer" button below and/or designate my answer as the "BEST ANSWER". This is a general response to a question for basic information and is not legal advice. Legal advice can only be given when all of the facts of your situation are discussed with a lawyer, which we have not done.. If you reside outside the State of Texas please understand that the laws may be different from the laws that I may cite in a my comment. This comment is not to be construed as legal advice to your particular situation because there are many factors that influence legal counseling- this is simply a comment. Response to an email does not create an attorney-client relationship between you and the Law Offices of GREGG S. HARRISON, PLLC, nor any of its attorneys. If you send us an e-mail, or call us, and we do not already represent you, neither your e-mail inquiry nor telephone call will create an attorney-client relationship. E-mails cannot necessarily be treated as privileged or confidential. Only entering into a written legal services contract with the Law Office of GREGG S. HARRISON PLLC. will create an attorney-client relationship. There is no substitute for one-on-one legal advice and you are urged to meet with an attorney and discuss your case, personally, with an attorney in the state in which you reside or your case occurred. Thank you. GREGG HARRISON. Visit our website at or call 832-797-7600 to discuss your legal issue; We represent injured persons who have been involved in motor vehicle collisions, 18-wheeler/truck wrecks and motorcycle accidents; all types of general negligence and catastrophic injury claims.


The question is unclear. If your husband was charged, a local criminal lawyer should be retained.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755