Skip to main content

My husband is a safety director at a huge company. He has been forced to cover up safety issues that have sent people to the ER.

Newbury, MA |

He has been treated horribly by his boss and has been forced to cover up issues that are of serious health issues for up to 600 employees . this has caused him so much emotional stress that he is currently taking medicine for. He worried is worried for these people 24/7 and cannot sleep because he has been woken up so many times to this problem. He wants to leave but cannot financially. Can anyone help us figure out where to go from here?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


He can contact the federal Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) on a confidential basis and hope that this leads to inspection and enforcement to the benefit of the workers. The main number for complaints is 1-800-321-OSHA (6742). OSHA has a regional office in Andover, (978) 837-4460.
If your husband wants to brainstorm alternative scenarios that would result in his no longer being employed there, he should talk to an employment lawyer. You can find a referral through the Mass. Employment Lawyers Association,

Massachusetts Coalition For Occupational Safety And Health
1532B Dorchester Avenue | Dorchester, MA 02122 | (617) 825-SAFE (7233] |

Disclaimer: This site exists to provide information only. It is not legal advice. Answering your question does not create an attorney-client relationship. I am a Massachusetts lawyer. Any information provided on this site does not, except as explicitly stated, imply familiarity with laws or procedures peculiar to your state which may differ from those where I practice.


I agree with Ms. Roher. Follow her advise.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer