Skip to main content

My husband is a resident and I am a citizen, what will happen to me and my family if he dies? Do I still get benefits?

Brownsville, TX |

husband is a resident and I am a citizen, will I be eligable for benifits if he were to pass on?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


Any benefits that can be passed to you as a permanent resident will still be passed to you without any problem. However, permanent residents get limited benefits. Check with a lawyer that practices in this area of law. Also see if he can become a US citizen as soon as possible.

Good Luck
Shah Peerally
Founder and Managing Attorney of Shah Peerally Law Group PC
The Law Firm Deals in Immigration law, Bankruptcy & Debt Relief
37600 Central Ct, Ste 201, Newark CA 94560
Phone: 510.742.5887

Note: The above answer is provided for informational use only. One should not act or refrain to act based solely on the information provided. No attorney client relationship is created unless a retainer is signed by the attorney and the client.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer