Skip to main content

My husband is a fugitive from justice but when we moved to another state and forwarded our mail we didn't receive no court paper

Syracuse, NY |

my husband warrant is from maryland and we moved to new york the warrant consist of drug paphernia, possession of a controlled substance the police said a lawyer can't get him out and newyork can hold him as long as they want but the law say up to 30 days i need help fast

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


If he was arrested in New York on a Maryland warrant the Judge here likely remanded him with no bail. He has the option to waive extradition or fight it. If he fights Maryland has 90 days (I believe it is 90) to get a Governor's warrant and then he will be extradicted.

I am a former federal and State prosecutor and now handle criminal defense and personal injury/civil rights cases. Feel free to check out my web site and contact me at (212) 577-9797 or via email at I was named to the Super Lawyers list as one of the top attorneys in New York for 2012. No more than 5 percent of the lawyers in the state are selected by Super Lawyers. The above answer is for informational purposes only and not meant as legal advice.


I agree with the prior responder with an addition. Your husband shoould consult with a criminal defense lawyer from MD to assist him in dealing with the underlying charges.

If this answer is helpful, then please mark the helpful button. If this is the best answer, then please indicate it. Thanks. For further information you should see an attorney and discuss the matter completely. If you are in the New York City area, then you can reach me during normal business hours at 718 329 9500 or

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer