Skip to main content

My husband has legal sole custody of his daughter and the mother has court ordered supervised visitaions.

Glendale, AZ |

The superviser that is handling this says that they can have the visits anywhere they want and want to move the visits to the mothers home. My husband did not agree and now the superviser want to make a compliant against him because he does not want the visits to be in her home. Is the superviser right?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


We can't know the answer to that, without knowing all the facts of the case. Who's 'right' or 'wrong' is a matter of opinion, anyway. Your husband needs to consult with an attorney in your area. It may be necessary to bring this back to court, to have a judge make the decision.

Please read the following notice: <br> <br> Jay Bodzin is licensed to practice law in the State of Oregon and the Federal District of Oregon, and cannot give advice about the laws of other jurisdictions. All comments on this site are intended for informational purposes only, and do not constitute legal advice or create an attorney-client relationship. No posts or comments on this site are in any way confidential. Each case is unique. You are advised to have counsel at all stages of any legal proceeding, and to speak with your own lawyer in private to get advice about your specific situation. <br> <br> Jay Bodzin, Northwest Law Office, 2075 SW First Avenue, Suite 2J, Portland, OR 97201 | Telephone: 503-227-0965 | Facsimile: 503-345-0926 | Email: | Online:


Your husband should carefully review the order regarding the supervised visits, as it may vest some authority in the supervisor (such as selecting where the visits occur). Generally, I've found that the courts prefer parenting time to occur in a natural setting, and a home would be a good place to have a visit. If the supervisor felt there were some harm that might befall the daughter, the supervisor wouldn't have agreed to have the parenting time occur at the home, I would imagine. If there are specific reasons why your husband believes that the home is dangerous to the child's physical or emotional well-being, he may want to approach the supervisor with that. Absent specific facts, it is difficult to provide further advice. You might want to consult with an experienced family law attorney so that you can receive advice that is specific to your circumstances.

The information provided is general in nature and does not create an attorney-client relationship.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer