Skip to main content

MY HUSBAND HAS DEPORTED AND HAD A DUI, I'm a us citizen is there anything I could do for him

Las Vegas, NV |
Attorney answers 2

Best Answer

If you have not already done so, you can sponsor him as an immediate relative. However, you will require a few waivers [deportation; hardship; criminal] for him to be readmitted to the United States. Be prepared, because it will be a lengthy and costly process. You must seek the guidance of an experienced immigration attorney.

Nothing in this response to your posting on AVVO is intended or should be considered as legal advice to your specific situation. Our posting is intended to provide general information of interest to the public. Facts relevant to your situation and not disclosed in your posting may affect your specific legal rights and remedies.


Contact an immigration attorney as soon as possible.
Robert Driessen

Mr. Driessen is a former Deputy DA in Orange County with over 8 years of criminal law experience. Nothing stated on this site shall in anyway be construed as legal advice, or as creating any attorney client relationship. If you would like to hire Mr. Driessen, feel free to contact him at

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer