Skip to main content

My husband has been deported. Voluntary deportation.

Orange, CA |

This was his second time in immigration court. The first was for possession of meth. He received cancellation of deportation. This time was voluntary deportation. He is currently on probation here in the USA. Even tho he is not here. His second time in immigration court was for possession of 2 vicodin pills. This is what sent him to be deported. Is there any waivers or something we can do to get him back into the USA? He was a LPR since 1989. He grew up here. All his family are citizens. We have been married three and a half years. Your assistance with this matter is greatly appreciated, Thank you for your time. Teri

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


No, sorry

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS; email:; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.


I see no solution based on the facts you provided. You should take a copy of his conviction record and immigration papers to a good, Orange, CA immigraiton lawyer to see if s/he can spot something.

Andrew M. Bramante, Rosner Partners, 216-771-5588. Free telephone consultation. You should always consult with an experienced immigration attorney to make certain that the advice you received is appropriate for your particular immigration case.


It is important for you to see a lawyer because your description uses wrong terms, and terms are important. There is no such thing as cancellation of deportation, but rather there is cancellation of removal, or suspension of deportation. There is such thing as voluntary departure, and there is such thing as stipulated removal, or uncontested removal, but there is no such thing as voluntary deportation. Also the exact conviction records and sentence are extremely important to know in order to advise you what to do. Perhaps he will be eligible to visit the U.S. if he gets a waiver, but to immigrate, probably not for a very long time.

The above is intended only as general information, and does not constitute legal advice. You must speak with an attorney to discuss your individual case.