Skip to main content

My husband has been denied a visa 03/14/13 until NOV 11 2014. He was illegal for 150days on his B1 Visa. Can we file a waiver?

Columbus, OH |

Are we able to file for a waiver, he is unable to receive a visa bc INA section212 (a)(9) B1, is it likely the waiver will be granted? That is the only reason he was denied, any free consultations?

+ Read More

Filed under: Immigration US visas
Attorney answers 3


There is no waiver that'll "waive" an overstay such as this one. Sorry.

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.


There is no waiver for this situation. There is no bar to returning to the United States for simply overstaying 150 days. He will likely need legal assistance to obtain another visa, even with legal assistance he may not be successful.

contact us at:


Your question is confusing because of the two dates. You are right questions like Whether a waiver is necessary and if it would be successful are determined at a consultation. Please talk to an experienced attorney. Best Wishes!
Lalita Haran
13295 Illinois St., Ste. 128
Carmel, IN 46032
Ph: (317) 660-6174

Contact (317) 660-6174 for specific legal advice tailored to your situation. Answers given on this website are of general nature and are not tailored to your specific situation. You should not act on this answer without checking with an Immigration Attorney.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer