Skip to main content

My husband has been imposed with a $10,000 bond in an immigration court, he is appealing it. Would he be successful ?

Seattle, WA |
Attorney answers 2


More information is needed. Was he already ordered deported by the court? Perhaps, he should have asked for a continuance and hired an attorney to carefully draft and file a motion for bond redetermination. Even if successful, the issue is whether a decision will be made on the bond before he has a final decision from the Immigration Court.

I strongly recommend an appointment or teleconference with an experienced immigration attorney.

The above is general information, not legal advice, and does not create an attorney client relationship.


Was it ICE that gave the 10,000 dollar bond or the Immigration Judge? ICE always starts off with high bonds. Your husband should really be represented by an attorney. If your husband has a bond hearing for an immigration judge, it would be helpful for him to have proof that he is not a danger to the community and not a flight risk. Some ways of showing this is to have letters from friends and family and members of the community (church or place that he volunteers), to have proof that he has been paying taxes and proof of U.S. Citizen or Greencard holding relatives such as birth certificates and marriage certificate. Without knowing the details of his case it is not possible to give you good advice. How did he enter the country? What is his nationality? How long has he been in the U.S.? Does he have USC or LPR Relatives? Does he have a criminal history? etc.

He needs to hire an immigration attorney.

Andre Olivie, Esq.
Seattle Immigration Lawyer
(206) 724-1940