Skip to main content

My husband had a massage with hot rocks and received 2nd -3rd degree burns on his back (2 about the size of a baseball and we

Boston, MA |

are fairly sure that the therapist does not have a Ma. license. This is a chain of well known therapeutics services. This happened before Thanks giving and the owner has been "flip" and uninvolved. He has scars now..

+ Read More

Attorney answers 6


You should definitely consult with an attorney. Hopefully the facility has liability insurance and a claim should be made by your husband. I would be happy to consult with you at your convenience.


He should get treatment and take pictures of the injuries, and also consult with a personal injury attorney.

Contact me with any questions at 978*749*3606.


I would be happy to discuss this situation with you. It is very important that you take pictures and maintain whatever proof that you can while he still has injury. Call me and we can set up a time to meet. Joseph Chancellor (617) 725-2675


What is your specific question? This sounds like negligence on behalf of of the therapist.I suggest that you contact a personal injury attorney in your area to see whether or not the attorney is in a position to undertake your representation.

Legal Disclaimer:

Mr. Lundeen is licensed to practice law in Florida and Vermont. The response herein is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter within the question. Oftentimes the question does not include significant and important facts and timelines that, if known, could significantly change the reply and make it unsuitable. Mr. Lundeen strongly advises the questioner to confer with an attorney in your state in order to insure proper advice is received.


It sounds like you received good advice already about taking pictures and calling an attorney. Look at my web site. We handle serious personal injuries and would be happy to talk with you and your husband about his burns. It sounds like a case we would be interested in from the little information that you supplied. Call or e-mail me and we can set up an appointment.


This sounds terrible, and so painful! I am so sorry that this happened to your husband, and that the facility is responding so badly. Often that is the most hurtful part of an experience like this--that the other side will not simply take responsibility and apologize. As others have said, you do need to consult a lawyer who can take action on your behalf. You may not even need to file a lawsuit to get an appropriate response. Taking photos is a good idea, both soon after the injuries and periodically as the wounds become scars and change over time. You should also get copies of your husband's medical records and try to get opinions as to his prognosis over time (i.e., will he need further treatment or plastic surgery?). You have three years from the date of the injury to file a lawsuit. If you do not file by then, you will lose your rights forever. My website,, has helpful information about the process of civil lawsuits that may also assist you. You can also feel free to contact me directly. Good luck.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer