Skip to main content

My husband got into an accident,it was his fault. We have insurance. That was 2011. Now he and the insurance are getting sued.

Albuquerque, NM |
Attorney answers 5


Fortunately your insurance company has a duty to defend including paying for your lawyer fee and ant settlement up to policy limits.


Send all material to your insurance company which was covering your husband at the time of the accident ASAP. They should cover you. Good luck.

The above is general information only and is not legal advice. The information provided does not form an attorney-client relationship, and should not be relied upon to take or refrain from taking any action. I am not your attorney until we sign a retainer agreement.


There is no actual question. Turn the legal papers served on you/your husband to your insurance company. They will assign defense attorneys at no expense to you and will pay any settlement/verdict owed, up to the amount of liability coverage (limits) of your policy.


Simply send the paperwork to your insurance company to defend. That's why we all have insurance.


Your insurance company should be handling this claim. I strongly recommend that you make immediate contact with your husband's attorney to answer any questions you may have.

The AVVO response or other communication by Caruso Law Offices does not create an attorney-client relationship. Please call us at 505-883-5000 for a FREE CONSULTATION with an attorney. We look forward to discussing your case in more detail.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer