Skip to main content

My husband got arrested for dui and has a immigration hold what do i do next?

Oakland, CA |

my husband got arrested for violations vc12500(a)M, vc23152(a)M, vc23152(b)M and has a immigration hold and i really don't know what else to do next. we have been together for about 4 years and not married yet because he's married to someone else and i have a daughter but its not his but he's still providing for us. does that help him in anyway for his immigration statues? i really need answers please help!

+ Read More

Attorney answers 5


Hurry up and hire him the best immigration lawyer money can buy, to go in visit him into the ICE detention center where he is headed next, examine his case tombe able to plead any forms of relief he might have. He may be able to bail him out, and plan his deportation defense strategy.

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.


You raise several issues - I agree with my colleague - speak to an experienced Immigration Attorney as quickly as you can!


Hire an immigration attorney immediately and stop posting on public forums.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS; email:; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.


I agree with my colleagues, and I'd be happy to help. My office is located in San Francisco, and we often defend people with immigration holds. Good luck!
Otis C. Landerholm, Esq.


As the others have stated, get an immigration attorney ASAP.

The answer above is for informational purposes only and is not intended to provide legal advice or form an attorney-client relationship. The above response should not be relied upon for any specific situation. If you need legal advice specific to your needs, you should consult with a licensed attorney.