Skip to main content

My husband gets ssi and we are seperated. My wages from my job that just barely cover my bills would be deemed against my

Oroville, CA |

ex's benefits should we reconcile. He has become worse over the years and is having a hard time living on his own in a trailer. w,hat is our best course of action? 1.Reconcile, loose his medical and his stipend, 2. divorce and maybe i can rent him driveway space for his trailer or 3. keep on doing what we are doing and i'll let him visit more often. i am really worried about the medical because he has a lot of medical issues i can't afford to cover and i can't put him on my policy.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


This isn't really a debt/bankruptcy question. That said, if I understand you correctly, you are worried that if you begin living together again that your income will be counted against his benefit amount, thereby lowering it. This really hinges on what you want in your relationship, money aside. I would suggest sitting down with a retirement/estate planning specialist to go over options.

We can be reached at 507.334.0155 (Toll Free: 888.777.5009). Our web address is: www. Answers on Avvo are not to be considered a response to a specific legal issue in a specific jurisdiction - they are to be considered only general responses to hypothetical scenarios posed by the questioner. For specific legal advice, please consult with a licensed attorney in your jurisdiction. No information contained herein should be construed as a solicitation for business, an offer to perform legal services in any jurisdiction in which the attorneys of Corbin Law Office are not licensed, or the dissemination of legal advice. No creation of an attorney-client relationship should be assumed or implied. We are a debt relief agency. Corbin Law Office helps people file for bankruptcy relief under the bankruptcy code.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer