Skip to main content

My husband for arrested for chexk fraud and stolen property and immigration has a hold on him?

Ontario, CA |

He has been to jail but had been relisease in hours.. And only for no licence..

+ Read More

Attorney answers 5


I am not sure what the question is here, but he will need to consult with a criminal defense attorney and an immigration attorney.


You should hurry and retain husband the best immigration lawyer money can buy. Now on immigration hold he will be processed and placed in removal proceedings.

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.


What is your question?

(213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.


Please resubmit your question with a little more detail. If ICE has a hold on him the only way he might get out is through an immigration bond.

Hope everything works out for you.


Erick Platten

Attorneys on AVVO donate their time and your feedback is appreciated. Be sure to mark the "Best Answer" or Helpful" to your questions.


Please provide more information. Is his criminal court case finished yet? If not, hire an Immigration and Criminal defense attorney right away. He/She can help your husband negotiate a deal with the DA that would avoid immigration consequences such as being put in deportation proceedings. It's all about which Penal Code he is convicted on, and not what he is being charged on.

Answering this question does not create an attorney-client relationship between us. The answer given is for informational purposes only and is not a substitute for contacting an attorney licensed to practice in your jurisdiction and obtaining legal advice from such an attorney. If further assistance is needed please feel free to contact me and retain my services.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer