My Husband filed for divorce after 11yrs yesterday. I do not have my name on our House. Can he make me leave?

Greenville, MI |

I have an 18yr old daughter in school (not his kid) and I have no job or money to live on my own. we are in Michigan.

Filed under: Divorce

No, he sure can't. There are some exceptions and qualifications but generally, everything you both own belongs to both of you. Also, you won't have trouble finding a lawyer to represent you and have him pay for your legal fees.

Thank you very much...my next question was gonna be about me getting a lawyer and him paying for it as well lol thanx again...

The issue is NOT when the house was purchased, but rather when it was paid for. For most of us it is paid over time.

http://www.MichganDivorce.org
800 466 0000

well he origonally bought it 1yr before we married. and he has refinanced it 2 times since then. i swore i signed papers with him ,not on the mortgage but the deed? he says no so im confused what i signed 7yrs ago lol

Steven Arnold Heisler

Steven Arnold Heisler

You should talk to an attorney. They can help find out what you signed if a divorce is pending