Skip to main content

My husband died in May this year. Our house is jointly-own by my husband and I, tenants

Quakertown, PA |

by entirety. When I fill out PA inheritance tax forms, do I need to report our jointly-owned house on schedule F or schedule G, or I don't need to report it at all?
hank you for your advice!

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


Property held as tenants by the entireties is not subject to inheritance tax. This property should not need to be reported on either schedule. In any event, the tax would be 0.

James Frederick

***Please be sure to mark if you find the answer "helpful" or a "best" answer. Thank you! I hope this helps. ***************************************** LEGAL DISCLAIMER I am licensed to practice law in the State of Michigan and have offices in Wayne and Ingham Counties. My practice is focused in the areas of estate planning and probate administration. I am ethically required to state that the above answer does not create an attorney/client relationship. These responses should be considered general legal education and are intended to provide general information about the question asked. Frequently, the question does not include important facts that, if known, could significantly change the answer. Information provided on this site should not be used as a substitute for competent legal advice from a licensed attorney that practices in your state. The law changes frequently and varies from state to state. If I refer to your state's laws, you should not rely on what I say; I just did a quick Internet search and found something that looked relevant that I hoped you would find helpful. You should verify and confirm any information provided with an attorney licensed in your state. I hope you our answer helpful!


I am very sorry for your loss.

You do not need to report the house on the Inheritance Tax Return.

All the best to you.

Disclaimer: The information posted here is for general inforamtional purposes only and does not constitute legal advice for your specific situation, and no attorney-client relationahip is formed by the posting of information here.


You do not report this. Best wishes.

Please note that I am answering this question as a service through Avvo but not as your attorney and no attorney-client relationship is established by this posting. An attorney-client relationship can only be established through signing a Fee Agreement and paying the necessary advanced fees.