Skip to main content

My husband died in march 2012. His son was named exector of the estateWe are suppose to close out the estate this week

Elizabethton, TN |

what should I look for in closing. After my death he gets the house.Need some advise.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


This is a good time for you to consult an attorney about the whole estate planning and probate process. A simple trust and a few additional documents could make your son's transition easier when you pass away. Just call around to estate planning attorneys for a few free consultations, and ask them personal questions and find someone you like to help you out that sets reasonable prices. In MI, full estate plans with trusts can range from around $1000 to over $4000 depending on the complexity assets, and obviously the attorney.


Agreed. It is also always a good idea to have an attorney that you trust on speed dial just in case something happens.

Thomas A. Schaeffer, Esq. Law Office of Juarez and Schaeffer PO Box 16216, San Diego, CA 92105 (619) 804-4327 This posting is provided for "informational purposes" only and should not be relied upon as "legal advice." Nothing transmitted from this posting constitutes the establishment of an attorney-client relationship. Applicability of the legal principals discussed here may differ substantially in individual situations or in different States.


A lot will depend on what estate planning documents are in place and whether you have knowledge of all the estate planning documents your husband had. While this question seems simple it is very complex. What are the future plans for assets. sounds like you nees to sit down with an attorney for an hour or so. Our firm in Johnson city does nothing but estate planning and I would offer any help I can. Ratliff law firm.


If I were you, I would put in a call to John Kington. Good luck.

The information you obtain at this site is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. You should consult an attorney for advice regarding your individual situation. We invite you to contact us and welcome your calls. Contacting us does not create an attorney-client relationship. Please do not send any confidential information to us until such time as an attorney-client relationship has been established.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer