Skip to main content

My husband died 7 months ago. He was in the liver transplant program and was dropped.

Farmville, VA |

Richmond Virginia doctor dropped my husband from the liver transplant system . His number was at the top of the list , but his nodes turned cancerous . I feel the alcohol distributors need to be sued . There were no instructions that he should not drink that he would harm himself - he was in Vietnam and other sites all over the world . No one advised that this harmful this can cause your death . Tobacco had pay back to relatives . I lived on a very limited income . How am I supposed to live without him . I would just like enough money to live on - I do not expect a fortune . I wish I had my husband back . I miss him so terribly . Isn't his life worth something ?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


I can sense the obvious pain in your question, and I feel for you. There was a Native American tribe who did this last year, but I don't know what became of it. At the end of the day, it would take a smarter lawyer than me to figure out how to get some money out of them. I know they did a much better job at constantly warning of the dangers of their products, which is unlike the tobacco industry.

* Please note that I am an Attorney practicing in Georgia, but I am not your attorney. This post is intended to provide some helpful insight into your particular situation, but it should not be taken as legal advice. If you would like to discuss your Georgia Personal Injury, Medical Malpractice, or Criminal case, I am happy to discuss your specific situation with you at no cost to you. I can be reached at 404-996-5157 or If you found this Answer "Helpful" or " The Best Answer", please click the tab indicating that. Thank you!


I'm sorry to hear about this, and they typically don't give transplants if there is cancer.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755


I am very sorry to hear about this. It is protocol to remove a person from the transplant list who has cancer. As my colleague mentioned the suit against alcohol manufacturers has been unsuccessfully tried.

Call for a free consultation at 727-937-1400 or visit us on the Web at

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer