My husband asked me to marry him 4 months ago.i love him but he up and left after only 3months and 3 weeks. he is now in a relat

Fairfield, IL |

relationship with someone else and we havent even filed yet. is there anything i can get from him

Filed under: Divorce

It is not at al likely that you will receive anything from such a very short marriage.

IF YOU FOUND THIS ANSWER "Helpful" or " The Best Answer" YOU CAN THANK ATTORNEY RADDATZ BY MARKING IT SO because Avvo awards the attorney points. MS. RADDATZ is donating her time and talent by answering questions to help those in need of legal information. This is NOT a consultation and in no way creates an attorney-client relationship. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS PERSONALLY CONSULT WITH AN ATTORNEY IN YOUR LOCAL AREA who has specific expertise in the area of law you are asking about.

Yes, a divorce.
Unless there is more to your story than this, you don't appear to have any assets in common. You have been married too briefly to accumulate any interest in anything that he has.

If there is more to this, consult with an attorney in person. If not be grateful that you didn't spend too much time with him before finding him out.

What you should take from him is a divorce. Hire an attorney and file ASAP. You may love him but your husband is a complete loser. You are lucky you learned this early on in your marriage.