Skip to main content

My husband applied for his work permit in 2007 we haven't received any info says still pending. My question is should we reapply

Detroit, MI |

Ordered removed in 06
under order of supervision no criminal background
2nd I 130 pending filed in 07 & 2010 with no info everything states is pending but its been 6 yrs without a response. Should we refile or is there anything else we can try & do thanks.

Has had work permits since he entered in 1996

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


6 years is a VERY long time to be waiting. It appears that this case is complicated, and involves extensive immigration history. I suggest that you consult with an experienced immigration attorney about this case, to determine what might be done.

Michael Carlin
Immigration Attorney

Law Office of Michael Carlin PLLC
3365 Washtenaw Avenue, Suite 209
Ann Arbor, Michigan 48104
Phone: 734.369.3131
Fax: 734.259.4801
Website: Sitio en español:

(734) 369-3131. This communication does not establish and attorney-client relationship with the Law Office of Michael Carlin PLLC or any individual member of the office. Confidential information should not be sent through this form.


I agree with my colleague.

Law Offices of J Thomas Smith J.D., Ph.D 11500 Northwest Freeway, Suite 280 Houston, TX 77092 713-LAWYER-2 NOTE: Responses are for the education of the community at large and is not intended to be "legal advice." No attorney-client relationship is established by responses or comments.


A better idea and to try and investigate why. I would schedule an infopass appointment and go and talk to informaiton officers to see what holds it back.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS; email:; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer