Skip to main content

My husband and I reside in the same household but refuses to pay any bills. He is my main source of income.

Corona, CA |

He has wiped all are accounts. Since I have no money I am unable to file for divorce. But the utilities are going to be shut off and there is very little food in the house. What can I do need help desperately!

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


IN THEORY you can file a petition for divorce and an OSC re support--and maybe get the fee waived. In practice this is not easy to do. Still, it is the only legal proceeding to accomplish forcing someone to do what they wish NOT to do.


The court has a divorce petition that you can fill out. Go to the assistance center. The court may let you waive the filing fee due to your financial situation. You will want to set an OSC regarding support. What does your husband do for a living? How long have you been married? These are all things to consider when going through a divorce. See if you can search for a local lawyer that may do the case on a pro bono basis. Perhaps the lawyer will take the case if he/she can get attorney's fees from your husband depending on what he does for a living and how much he makes. I would call some lawyers and see what kind of a fee arrangement they are willing to take.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer