Skip to main content

My husband and I both signed off on a joint divorce, and now have a default hearing set. Do we need to attend?

Minneapolis, MN |

Joint dissolution divorce papers signed, no property, no kids, no real estate.

+ Read More

Filed under: Divorce Real estate
Attorney answers 3


Yes so no wrong order is entered.


Yes. You must prove up the petition and the judge must determine that the resolutions made were properly entered and fair.

CALL 612-240-8005 for a Consultation. Disclaimer: Nothing in this email message creates an attorney client relationship absent a retainer agreement with this office. Any response to email inquiries should be considered general in nature and should not be relied upon as legal advice. You should always consult a lawyer in your state regarding your specific legal matter. Visit online at


Check the MN courts website for a default scheduling request. Check the appropriate box which indicates you don't want a hearing since you've both reached a stipulated agreement and no minor children are involved. If you can't get the hearing removed, you both are expected to attend.

Disclaimer: This email message in no way creates an attorney client relationship between Majeski Law, LLC and the recipient. Responses are general in nature and do not constitute legal advice. You should consult a lawyer regarding any specific legal matter.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer