Skip to main content

My house was red tagged and i need to get my property how can i do that

Imperial, CA |

my mom has passed away and the the house was left for the three of us and my sister talked us into signing over to her because of a lien might be put on the house, well she promised we were not gonna sell it and then the house got red tagged and she sold it as is and told me i have 2 weeks to get my stuff i have six kids and no place to go

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


I'm not sure whether you are asking how to get your personal property that is in the home, or whether you are asking how to get compensated for a wrong you feel your sister did, by not giving you part of the sales proceeds.

Since the house is sold, I recommend that you immediately contact a real estate attorney for help, in either situation. The longer you wait, the less time you'll have to resolve the issues.

The above is not intended to be legal advice, but may be used for general information. Please contact an attorney for specific help tailored to your needs.