Skip to main content

My H4 extension is under process and I94 has expired. I have the acknowledgement from USCIS. Can i fly within US?

Jacksonville, FL |

My H4 extension is pending (alongwith my husband's H1B) and our I-94 got expired in Aug last week. I have the original acknowledgement receipt from USCIS stating that they received my renewal application. I only have my Passport as ID proof (dont have US DL or FL ID). Can I travel domestically? We have all our documents in order and my husband is working with the original employer at the same location as on original documents. what all docs should I carry while travelling? Thanks a ton for ur help.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


Yes, you can travel domestically within the continental U.S. You only need your passport for identification. But, keep a copy of the USCIS receipt notice in your bag, but don't show it to the people checking for ID. If there are any problems, you can pull out the copy to show you are in status.

Security is normally checking your name and photo against the plane ticket. Don't worry, you should be fine.

Good luck to you.

Nikiki T. Bogle, Esq
Immigration Legal Team
Bogle & Chang, LLC
Phone: (800) 342-1733 ext. 101
National Immigration Lawyers
We handle immigration cases in all 50 states and foreign countries worldwide.