Skip to main content

My green card is expired can i apply for unemployment benefits?

Los Angeles, CA |

I have a 2 years green card and it's expired, I just want to know if it's possible I can apply for unemployment since I've been paying taxes.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


Did you file to remove the conditions on your green card? More info is needed please meet with an attorney in person so he/she can review your case.

Morales Law Firm P.A. 2100 Coral Way Ste 703 Miami, FL 33145 (305) 851-7856 This response is not offered as legal advice, but is only a general informational response for public interest. No one reading this is authorized to claim that an attorney client relationship exists with this writer or the writer's law firm.


Is it expired because it was conditional? If so, did you file the Form I-751 to remove the condition? If so, you should be fine as your receipt extends your green card validity.
Was it a ten year card? You can still file to renew it. However, best bet is to see an immigration attorney who can review all the facts to be sure your status is still good and there are no factors that would change this general information.

Under the guidelines set by AVVO, this response is general information only and not specific legal advice, and no attorney client relationship is formed by this response to your question.


I agree with my colleagues.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.