Skip to main content

My grandmother is incapacitated due to a stroke (in hospital). My uncle is holding a serious grudge against my father and other

Canada, KY |

My grandmother is incapacitated due to a stroke ( in hospital ) . My uncle is holding a serious grudge against my father and other uncle , and left both of their names off of my grandmother's hospital record / file . The staff then questioned who my father was when he tried to visit . My father and mother eventually had to leave because my uncle began verbally attacking them saying that he would get a court order against my mother on the basis that he thinks she is " bad " . Other than my uncle being somewhat mentally unstable , can he just omit his sibling's names like that , and is there any basis for slander / harassment charges on him by my parents ?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


This appears to be the third posting of your question, today.

James Frederick

***Please be sure to mark if you find the answer "helpful" or a "best" answer. Thank you! I hope this helps. ***************************************** LEGAL DISCLAIMER I am licensed to practice law in the State of Michigan and have offices in Wayne and Ingham Counties. My practice is focused in the areas of estate planning and probate administration. I am ethically required to state that the above answer does not create an attorney/client relationship. These responses should be considered general legal education and are intended to provide general information about the question asked. Frequently, the question does not include important facts that, if known, could significantly change the answer. Information provided on this site should not be used as a substitute for competent legal advice from a licensed attorney that practices in your state. The law changes frequently and varies from state to state. If I refer to your state's laws, you should not rely on what I say; I just did a quick Internet search and found something that looked relevant that I hoped you would find helpful. You should verify and confirm any information provided with an attorney licensed in your state. I hope you our answer helpful!