Skip to main content

My girl friend about to take o1 visa and i'm on f1 visa, Which one is better if i go for the o3 visa or stay on f1?

Los Angeles, CA |

Plz tell me your opinion on which one of o3 or f1 is better, which is the easy way for a green card?, can i get cpt and opt on o3 visa? , can i open business under my name on any of f1 or o3?,
Finally, if i change to o3 visa can i after 1 year turn back to f1 visa without leaving US.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


You need to consult an immigration attorney. Generally there is no OPT for an O-3. If you are a student and want to finish your degree it is probably best to remain a student.

Alexus P. Sham (917) 498-9009. The above information is only general in nature and does not constitute legal advice. It does not create an attorney-client relationship.


Remain in F-1 status as long as you are continuing your education. There is not CPT or OPT for persons in O-3 status.

Please click the link at the very bottom for additional information.

Carl Shusterman, Esq.
Former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82)
Board Certified Immigration Attorney (1986 - Present)
Schedule a Legal Consultation - Telephonic, Skype or In-Person
600 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 1550
Los Angeles, CA 90017
(213) 394-4554 x0
Web: (English) (Spanish)

(213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.


Depends on the purpose you have in mind.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS; email:; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer