Skip to main content

My friend is illegal here in the United States. He got arrested for 3 counts of VGCSA and has ICE hold. What can I do?

Lawrenceville, GA |

From what I've researched, we can pay the bond, and then ICE has 48 hours to pick him up. If they don't, I'd need a lawyer to get him out on Writ of Habeus Corpus. What are the chances of that happening?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


What you can do is hire an immigration lawyer for him.

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.


Yes, you need a lawyer to evaluate the merits of his case.


I agree with my colleagues. This situations are too complicated to handle without a lawyer.