My friend has been in jail for 6 months and has not been inditted . Can he file a constitutional rights suit?

Burnet, TX |

No. He is entitled to a personal bond if he has been in custody more than 90 days without being indicted.
www.austincriminaldefenseattorney.com
512-495-1813
Austin Credit Card Abuse Lawyer

My answers are intended only as general legal advice and are not intended to create an attorney-client relationship. There is no substitute for a full consultation with a local experienced criminal defense attorney. For more answers based on my 19 years of experience visit my website, www.austincriminaldefenseattorney.com

I suspect something else is holding him. If he's not indicted within ninety days of arrest, he should be given a pr bond. He needs to talk to his attorney about this

Macy Jaggers's answer to a legal question on Avvo does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Ms. Jaggers offers everyone a free consultation to discuss their case. Feel free to call her office at 214-365-9800 to make an appointment (phones are answered 24 hours) or visit her website at www.macyjaggers.com for more information about her services and recent victories.

He needs to hire a lawyer to file a motion to dismiss for speedy trial violations or alternatively, motion for examining trial to see what eveidence they have against him. He also needs for file for a reduction in the bond amount or for release on a PR bond. If he cannot afford a lawyer, he must request the appointment of a lawyer. Burnet County is not a county you want to play around in.

Every case is different and it is difficult to get a true feel for the case from these limited postings, so please do not take these comments as legal advice. Always consult with a knowledgeable lawyer before making any potentially life-altering decisions.